This course results from the author’s personal experience as an exchange student to Zaragoza, Spain at the age of 16 as well as her many years of teaching co-op Spanish classes to local homeschoolers. With its multi-faceted approach and strong emphasis on grammar, this text can stand on its own as a full high school course or serve as a companion to a conversational computer-based course.
Because understanding the building blocks of a language is the first step towards fluency, students will be introduced to Spanish grammar in a simple and logical approach throughout the course. Students will build skills in reading, writing, vocabulary, listening (via free podcasts), and translation. By the end of the first year of Spanish, students should have a basic working knowledge of the language. They will be comfortable using present tense verbs and using a dictionary to translate texts from Spanish to English and vice versa.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE FREE mp3 files and external website links for Spanish I students.
Features of this course:
- junior high/high school level course designed for beginners
- 19 weekly lessons (a specific grammar concept as well as exercises and vocabulary terms)
- detailed explanations of concepts
- 7 tests and 1 final exam
- answer key for both text and tests
- mp3 files, Quizlet page, and external website links for Spanish I students provided online (See link above.)
Print Edition - $20.00
PDF Edition - $15.00
TEXTBOOK ANSWER KEY
Print Edition - $15.00
PDF Edition - $10.00