This text is part of a series of five books that are planned by the author:
- Book I: Ancient History (4000 BC to 1000 BC) and American History (1492 to 1776) – COMPLETED
- Book II: Ancient History (1000 BC to 1 BC) and American History (1776 to 1850)
- Book III: Modern History (1 AD to 1000 AD) & American History (1850 to 1900)
- Book IV: Modern History (1000 AD to 1500 AD) & American History (1900 to 1950)
- Book V: Modern History (1500 AD to 2000 AD) & American History (1950 to 2000)
When studying history, there are often two approaches taken by Christian homeschooling parents. The first option is to focus on the Bible as the main history book and to supplement it here and there with secular world history. The second option is to focus on secular world history and supplement it here and there with some Bible accounts. The problem with both of these options is that it leaves students unable to really understand how secular world history and the Bible fit together. This fragmented approach also denies students the chance to see the evidence of God’s hand on history.
Those parents who do wish to study both of them together quickly find that they must amass a host of separate resources and then try to figure out how to piece them together into a coherent presentation that their children can understand. Too often those resources disagree on dates, contain conflicting information, and often discount the Bible entirely. Parents are left wondering which resource to follow and have almost no assistance in actually aligning it with their study of Biblical history. The result is chaos and a defeated attitude.
This curriculum aims to solve both of those problems. Christian parents can rest assured that the Bible is upheld as a completely accurate account of history. Yet, they can also know that their children will come away with a clear understanding of world history and how it unfolded.
- Chronological timeline
- Biblical worldview
- Integrates both Bible and world history
- American History
- Hands-on learning activities
- Encourages understanding of overall historical timeline
- Covers the history of all continents